Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kushiel's Dart

By Jaqueline Carey

I like this book. It's really good. It has adventure, and action, and romance, and run-for-your-life type of thing. I really recommend reading, but not for really young viewers. I would recommend 14/15+. There are a lot of really inappropriate scenes in there. And language and stuff. So, NOT FOR CHILDREN.

But besides all of that, it's a good story. It's about PhedrĂ© nĂ³ Dulaney or however you spell her name, one pricked by Kushiel's Dart, shone by a scarlet mote in her eye. It tells of her training in Dulaney's household and then her adventures after. There are a lot of twists and turns and relationships made and lost, and it tells a brilliant story.

My only problem with it is that I couldn't keep all of the names straight and I was really confused for the whole book pretty much on the whole religion aspect and the names and the culture.

I still recommend that people of an appropriate age read this book. I did like it, over all. A 3.5. Off for the confusedness and inappropriateness.

No comments:

Post a Comment