Thursday, March 15, 2012

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

By JK Rowling

This has always been my least favorite of all of the Harry Potter books. I find the character of Gilderoy Lockhart unbelievable, and Harry acts a bit stupider than usual. However, this read through wasn't that bad.

This book continues on with the the story of the famous Harry Potter, following him through his second year at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This year, a house elf named Dobby turns up at Harry's house and warns him not to go back to school, there is a dark creature set loose. But, Harry ignores Dobby's warning and goes to school after some events including a flying car and a super mad tree. And then, a bunch of stuff happens, and people get Petrified, but in the end, everyone's happy (except for Snape) because Harry solved the mystery and killed the evil thing that was slithering around the halls.

Now, I just have to say, I usually hate this book. However, this time through, it didn't bug me half as much as usual. I have to add this in to my original score and then I come up to a 2.8. Still not my favorite, but still half decent. I would suggest this book. Many funny things happen and lots of stupidity from Harry is included. And, it's a Harry Potter book. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment